Thursday, March 19, 2020

Feature Story Draft

Below is my draft of the feature story that will be included in the final double page spread:

“I don’t really have thoughts in my head. I just do it.” That is the mindset Nasir has used throughout his life. Despite being 17 years old, the confidence he exudes is never in doubt. This mindset is evident in the way he carries himself in school and athletics.
Nasir Coffee is a member of the track & field team at American Senior High. Entering his senior year, Nasir’s balance between his education and athletics will be put to the test. “The most difficult part is finding time to do homework and trying to get some time to sleep.” He also added “I balance them by doing homework right away… I also go to practice after school.”
Being a 6-time “Patriot Star Athlete of the Month” brings a lot of expectation for any athlete, and Nasir is not intimidated one bit. “My future plans are to go to college and graduate in engineering, and also have a career in track & field professionally.” He dared to aim even higher. “I do plan on trying out for the 2024 Olympics.”
Like every athlete at some point, Nasir has faced obstacles in his young career. “My toughest setback is my knee injury that I have had,” he pointed out. “I am still trying to bounce back from it, but I have had surgery and done many therapy sessions to at least try to get back to where I was.”
It will take more than injuries to slow down Nasir’s future aspirations. “My inspirations are Usain Bolt, Luvo Manyonga, and Christian Taylor. They all fuel me to strive for greatness at what I do.” The way Nasir describes his idols clearly show where his head is at in high pressure situations
He recalled on his biggest accomplishment so far. “My best moment was placing 2nd in long jump and 6th in triple jump at AAU Nationals back in 2018.” Any and all accomplishments already belong to someone else to Nasir. “I dedicate it to my parents for them being hard workers and always making sure that I was fed and taken care of at all times.”
In his final year as a Patriot, Nasir Coffee plans to maintain the same calm and collected head that he’s had over the years. He will continue to be reliant on a strong work ethic to help him maintain his grades and keep him in top shape. He doesn’t believe in luck. “I have no rituals.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Response to Compulsory Question 4

Question 4 Response Prezi