Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Designing of Final Cover Page 1

Over the next two entries, I will have detailed the step-by-step process on how I designed and arrived at my final cover page for my sports magazine, The Locker Room.:


#1: Using the service Canva, I picked out a magazine cover template to begin designing my final cover page.


#2. I removed the default designs and image of the template and added my own. I added a photo of Nasir Coffe, the edition ("February 2020"), the masthead ("TLR", an abbreviation of "The Locker Room"), and an "EXCLUSIVE" tag under the masthead.


#3. Here, I've added taglines in reference to the focus of the magazine: Nasir Coffee. The questions are taken from the questions I asked him as part of my feature story. I've put them bold white in order to catch the attention of the reader and to contrast with the headers, which will be more generalized.


#4. Here, I have added the headers of the magazine to the left of the central image. These headers are more general than the taglines, as they cover on the other sports that this specific edition of the magazine is covering. In hindsight, while I did make them a different font, I should've made them a different color from the taglines.


#5. Upon looking over the last step, I felt as though I could improve my cover page. The following steps will detail the specific changes I made in references to steps 4 and 5. The glaring change in the picture. I opted to have the athlete in the middle instead of off-centered to the right.



#6. I kept the headers in white text. However, I have re-positioned them, making the headers closer together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Response to Compulsory Question 4

Question 4 Response Prezi